paint on the wall
paint on the side
of the paint can
various colors of paint
dried overlapping
drips and drops
brushstrokes
paint on the wall
dry
still looking close
paint brush lines imposed by the
tips of the brush hairs
enjoyment knows no bounds
scratches
hey there goes a little spider
offwhite pink tinted paint
dry on the wall
scuffs on the wall
smudges
paint nail holes a
nailhead sticking out from the wall
slight imperfections
all over the wall where offwhite paint
no longer dries it is stable
walls are to be painted
and the paint goes on
and dries
and then well
it is just there isn't it
paint on the wall
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've got cabinets to paint. My wife and I just bought a condo in Hawaii so we have a place to go when she retires. Until then we need to rent it out so we don't go broke paying for it. I can see two thirds of Diamond Head in the distance out the living room window between a couple of big buildings nearby. The seller was a couple, Americans, who moved to New Zealand a year or two ago. The woman is the widow of the famous beachcomber who invented the maitai cocktail and the tiki torch in Hollywood before he sold the business to his first wife and moved to Hawaii. The widow's second husband is a dyslexic from Indiana. He married the beachcomber's widow and they wrote a book about maitais and tiki torches so they could afford to own the unit they sold us. The beachcomber's widow painted the kitchen cabinets pepto bismol pink and the bathroom cabinets corn kernel yellow. We won't be able to rent the place until I've subdued those cabinets. An off-white pink, a sort of pastel peach, would be ideal for the kitchen, blending the color of the drapes with the carpet and the wallpaper and offsetting the red in the granite countertops and the light green of the kitchen tiles. They left some paint in the utility closet at the back of the lanai. How many drops of pink and green do I mix with the offwhite base to get the peach tone I want? And how many drops of yellow for the bathroom? Both rooms are just plain garish and I've only got a week. Should I do it myself or hire someone who knows what they're doing?
craig
painting can be a form of meditation
with rather immediate access to a the interior experience of satisfaction with a job well done
i don't know much about paint mixology
cutting the lines and the corners in - as clean as possible-
that's always the trick
do all the trim first
sounds like a great getaway spot
as i type here
lured by my imagination
from my monastic dungeon
aloha
jh
The unit came with two watercolor landscapes framed in ornate molded plastic. Artist was a local celebrity who died of ALS two years ago and may have been personally acquainted with the former owner of the unit. Can't tell if the paintings are prints or originals. A native Hawaiian from Maui I met at a pupu party earlier this evening told me originals by that artist are worth a small fortune by now.
Both paintings are signed twice which suggests to me that they're personally autographed reproductions.
man o man
those hawaiians are honest
great paint stories
craig
jh
Post a Comment