Motherless through all the years,
Fatherless upon the earth,
God before the world began
As man you came to birth.
Though your father is so old
He is but one age with you,
And your mother but a child,
Older she, but younger too.
Only mother of my God,
Open wide the stable door,
And let me as the ox may do
The master of the skies adore.
I'll be his servant here below,
And watch for him by night by day,
And from the infant chieftain's side
Turn the herdboy's dogs away.
I'll wash his poor and ragged clothes,
And while I dry them in the sun,
O Mary, if you let me I
Will wrap him warmly in my own.
--circa. 1580
Fr. Hugh MacCawell
Archbishop of Armagh, Ireland
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is just begging to be sung.
there is definitely
music to be sung here
these words
shall one day be sung
i will write a tune
for it
maybe
next year
thanks
pehpatama
jh
It rocks!
¡Yo le gusta!
Old-fashioned Eire-ish anthropomorphic bootay.
Older she, but younger too.
consistency, the hobgoblins of a
plebe, or whatever. That said, I doubt they offer any of Father MacCawell's verse in downtown Ellay iglesias. They'd have to check it with like Tommy Lasordid, Torres, Maria Shriver, and her goon Ahhnuld, many other celebrity papists. corporate-mass
Post a Comment