somehow i feel like i've been seduced into
a moment of transparency
one
i have an unhealthy relationship with books
two
most of my books are OK with that
three
i work out life's difficulties by hearing sounds
shaped out of a feminine shaped box with six strings
four
my geographical consciousness is marked with
the place known as montana
five
i live in central minnesota
six
sally mcgill considers me a friend
and i'm cool with that
seven
i perform occasional musical invasions in airports
in unsuspecting acoustic places
eight
everyday i work and pray and read
any more requests for self revelation
must be directed to the editors of PEOPLE
magazine
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
cool
i didn't
expect this
keep up
the guitar
invasions
i guess i sort of did
a banjo invasion
playing on a bench on the street
outside the music store
waiting for my lesson to start
I admit that I'm anti-music. I think it should be kept to an absolute minimum.
If someone were to hum inside their own head, I would think it's fine.
But humming outloud?
Nope.
I think there should be a law against that.
I do listen to Captain Beefheart, but only in privacy, and usually just inside my head. I replay the old songs, about four or five times, once or twice a year.
The only place I really love music is at church. I love Lutheran hymns! I love the organist grinding along.
I love the old Germans who sing out of tune.
It's so darned funny, I love it!
kirby thanks yer an odd duck but you got style pal
i confront the fact that we live in a world of hyperactive music making and i go out of my way to shut most of it out
most of the music i listen to is church music
and i prefer it when it is unrefined and earnest
i resist listening to amplified music of any sort
my preference is always and everywhere to be fully acoustic
sound in the raw as it were
at one time or another i played all six solo cello suites by js bach on the guitar and this so rearranged my mind that i knew i was fated to articulate sounds on strings for the rest of my days
bach is my master still
if i could find a way to shut off 50% of the music now blaring in the world i would do it
ultimately my daily playing is part of my making sense of the world
it is a philosophical venture
Post a Comment