Tuesday, May 11, 2010

irritainment symphony schedule

new horizons in the world
of cacaphony

from a campus wide email




FIRE ALARM TESTING
MAY 12th and 14th

HORNS
MAY ( )
SOUNDING AFTER 9 AM
IN THE FOLLOWING BUILDINGS

(someone forgot the BE)

St. Thomas
Mary
Benet
Emmaus
Placid/Maur
McKeown


Please watch your email for further postings.

Please be aware that this is taking place and you do not need to exit the buildings during these times.

THANK YOU. PHYSICAL PLANT
Questions please contact Gary Jorgensen X3303

....
so my plan is to accompany this irritainment
moment of pure musical delight
institutional music live live in your ears
with a loud persistent
B note played as loud as i can
at various levels on many guitars
B B B B B B B B B B
whether it fits harmonically or not

i think the challenge here is simply
--can it be done???

i shall not desist easily from advanced
immediate creativity

look out

it's going to be troublesome

i think the most poetic line here
and one i think i can add to the event
as a repeated line while the symphony ensues

"Please be aware that this is taking place...."

i mean
that is precious

3 comments:

sally said...

yes
precious indeed

J said...

Cacaphony has become the Everyday, except for wealthy celebs or execs who might afford a chateau in Big sky country. Then, I'm not sure sirens or airports are so worse than supermarket or starbux muzak--today on K-CUF, eazy-listening Bob Dylan.

Maybe require Ornette Coleman or Zappa or those talented tunesmitts Bartok-Kodaly piped over shopping malls... (or izz it Bach)

Anonymous said...

Hey John!
Funny how much you can find with Google.
Last time I saw you I think I was just passing by SJU on my way from Fargo to Mpls and had just gotten married and I was showing my wife around campus (may have even told you she once lived in Helena for a spell). Was not expecting to find you there at all! Little do we really know people I guess.
Anyway, if you want, try finding me on Facebook and send a message or something. Wondering how you've been all these years. I still dabble on fiddle and mando (made in Belgrade MT near Bozeman).
Regards, Dave